“Experience is the best of schoolmasters, only the school fees are heavy.”
Celebrating a milestone birthday has caused me to ponder the lessons I’ve learned. I’ve learned many the hard way, while others the Holy Spirit has graciously dropped in my lap. In Psalm 32:8, God promises to instruct and teach us in the way we should go. Today’s post and next week’s, will focus on God’s instruction gleaned over the past sixty years. I pray these will encourage, comfort, and challenge you in your walk with God. This is what I know to be true:
1. God is a good, good Father.
2. God is enough. He is my source of contentment.
3. Repentance, turning from sin and turning toward God, is a gift that’s for my benefit.
4. People feel loved when we care about what they care about.
5. I was created to carry God’s Presence wherever I go.
6. Pursue the best over the good.
7. God likes to hold my hand, especially when I’m afraid.
8. God receives the most glory when I’m free to be myself, how He created me.
9. God loves and accepts me just as I am, unconditionally. And because of that kind of love, I want to obey Him.
10. People may hurt us, but God will not. We can trust God. Trust heals all wounds.
11. God always has our best interest in mind.
12. God loves to speak to His children.
13. God wants to be intimate with His creation.
14. Being available to God is more important than being the best at something.
15. Favor comes from God.
16. God does all things well.
17. Looking at the whole picture can overwhelm me. I need to fix my gaze on God and just do the next thing He’s asking me to do.
18. Fear can hold us hostage and rob us of our God-given destiny.
19. God is in control and has the last say. He is the King of all kings.
20. God protects me much better than I can protect myself.
21. God is for me, not against me.
22. Forgiveness sets me free.
23.Emotionally whole hearts deepens our intimacy with God and others.
24. We can speak the truth to someone, but unless they’re ready to hear and receive it, it will bounce off their hearts and not penetrate.
25. God’s anointing is released through humility.
26. We honor God when we give Him thanks.
27. Be grateful for conviction. It shows God loves us enough to point out the things that separate us from Him.
28. There are good memories even in those relationships that have caused pain.
29. We’re most fulfilled when our lives revolve around God and His agenda.
30. We always have a choice: to live like a victor or to live like a victim.
“No matter what a man does, no matter how successful he seems to be in any field, if the Holy Spirit is not the chief energizer of his activity, it will all fall apart when he dies.”
A. W. Tozer
Which of these lessons is new revelation to you? Ask God to give you greater understanding.